Couchsurfing hosting in Japan. Turkey ladies!

September 01, 2017

Turkey? Turkey!

Jun, 2015


Since after I finished last hosting in November 2014,I had stopped the hosting for   a while. I don't know the exact reason even my self, but I was not in the mood to do host in winter season.  As soon as I changed my state to "Maybe accepting guests", I received their offer. Turkey..... 
I have never touched this country even through any stuffs, so my images about Turkey were very poor, my knowledge was all about just few things I learnt in school long long time ago. I couldn't imagine how they are like and I was a little bit nervous before we met. We might have much of differences on common sense, I might put some stress on unintentionally.  I was wondering if we could have good time together...

This two ladies said they will come to Japan to teach English in two Universities and will spend two weeks in Japan and they want to stay at my place 2 nights in weekend. 
Anyway, It's always fun to hear about the new country which I don't know so much, and people too. Think positively is very important.

I accepted their offer, and I will know that this decision was completely correct. 
We had great days with them like they were a part of my family!

They brought us some Omiyages (gifts, souvenirs)

 

As I said, I didn't have much information about Turkey on my life, and they didn't have much photos on their couchsurfing profile. So I couldn't imagine well the country and people. Somehow, but I thought Turkey women little bit conservative like tend to be shy, not laughing so much, and they might have some rules about their religion which I have to respect.

These kind of my images were blown away in the moment when we met.
They came to run up to us with full of smile and holding my daughters up while saying Hello!
 I could see that how they have looked forward to meeting us and how they are delighted got to meet us, as soon as I saw their faces.
They are so cheerful and very easy to talk!

They brought these nice Omiyages for us. Magnets which I'm correcting every time  when I visit other countries, famous sweets of Turkey,  a DVD about introduction their city, and the traditional charm which protects the house. If you put the charm at entrance or near windows, bad things can't enter my house.


 like sisters!


Most of time my daughters didn't let them go to anywhere, they spent all the time together, it's like almost they are sisters. Dolls, cards, singing, drawing...
I was relieved by this nice ladies love to play with kids. They really played and cared well my daughters, thanks!

Cappadocia



They told me about Cappadocia one of their hometown. I had heard the Cappadocia, but it's only the sound...and they also showed me some pictures about Cappadocia. Yeah! I have seen it! These unique rocks! Oh, they came from such a historical place.. I was impressed!

Also, they told me Cappadocia is famous for the balloon.  Balloons? Kind of toys that children love? 
No, they meant " Hot-air balloon".  I didn't know that at all, but the hot-air ballooning is very popular in Cappadocia now, and we can ride it and we can see this great scenery of Cappadokia from the sky! That's wonderful !



We talked about things of Japan that they noticed through 2 weeks their staying. I don't think like they said but they said that Japan is very clean and safe country. I appreciate your compliment.

They asked me that why Japanese people try to avoid the "eye-contact" when they are talking. They talked with some Japanese colleges worked with them in the university, but all of them tried to avoid " eye-contact " even this ladies are trying to take eye-contact.
They said that the " eye-contact " is very important in their culture to tell their mind to the person, so we couldn't understand this behavior.

Oh,yeah, indeed. I don't care about that but you are right.

We do "eye-contact", of course, If we're talking about serious topics like on business, in class or when be scolded by teachers, parents etc.  We Japanese have also been taught  " you have to look the person's eyes and have to listen carefully what he is saying when you are talking serious topics." too. It's also very polite attitude, of course. However we usually don't do it in casual situation because we might give some seriousness misunderstanding to the person we are talking to. Especially If the person I'm talking to with my " eye-contact " is woman, she might misunderstand that means I love you.
I explained them this and they asked again " So this is not fit in this conversation? " with strong " eye-contact ", then I couldn't resist avoiding it.
They laughed a lot.

We had a lot of nice moment like this conversation and we enjoyed so much the time we shared.

Now, Turkey which I imagine has completely changed to this good memory.





You Might Also Like

0 コメント

Please leave us comments in feel free.