Couchsurfing hosting in Japan. 8th couchsurfer from Orleans,France

July 09, 2017

French brothers!

August, 2014
























They came to here from Orleans known as the city of JEANNE D'ARC.

They said that they have been curious about Japan for a long time and to come to Japan is one of their dream! Ohhh, I'm glad to hear that. They don't live together right now, one of them lives Orleans as a student and other one lives in Taiwan for his job. One day. they talked about trip and they decided to visit Japan together, so they came to Japan from each other places and meet again in Japan for this trip.
They stayed 2 nights.



Bit Trouble
I made them go into little bit trouble to meet up first day. Actually, in central Kobe, there are 2 stations which have very similar name, one of them is "Shin-Kobe station " which is for Shin-kansen(rapid train) and other is just " Kobe station" which is for a local train.  By the way, these stations are not near.

They asked me how to get to our place from "Kobe",  before they leave their place.
I heard that they visit Hiroshima and Okayama before they came to our place and they use Shin-kansen (rapid train) from there.

Yeah, it's easy.
If they use Shin-kansen they stop "Shin-Kobe station" automatically, then just take a subway which come to our place at there.

So I answered " It's very easy. You just take a subway at Kobe to come to our place!"
We usually call "Shin-Kobe" just "Kobe" when we use Shin-kansen, I didn't notice that it doesn't make sense for other people.  I totally misunderstood that absolutely they understand "Kobe" means "Shin-Kobe" .....They arrived "Shin Kobe station" from their place with rapid train smoothly, then they gone to " Kobe " station (wrong one)  by my mistake...
They couldn't find any subway at Kobe station and called me about that. Yes, it absolutely makes sense because there is no subway line in Kobe station. Finally, I realized my mistake. After that, they got back to Shin-Kobe to take subway and arrived to our place.
I am so sorry to bother you guys! I learnt again I must tell the information correctly especially for foreigner because they don't know everything about Japan.


My son's birthday and try to cook Takoyaki

The day they arrive was my son's birthday,coincidentally. They brought my son "Harry potter's DVD" as a birthday present! Thank you. It's become favorite one for not only my son also other my kids, they has watched it again and again still now.
We had a good birthday party together ! This is really good memory.

The dinner was Takoyaki which is kind of baked food has Octopus inside, and it's a local food around Kansai area. By the way, I think it's unusual around Tokyo but here in Kansay, every family have a "Takoyaki machine" which is needed to cook Takoyaki. I heard about it from local when I moved to Kansai area, I was very surprised. Takoyaki was a food should be eaten only at Matsuri (festibal) for me, not typical food .
"Oh Kansai people cook Takoyaki even in their house!  We have to fit us to the local culture! "
Now we have Takoyaki machine, of course.
This time, we pushed they cook Takoyaki. It was first time for them and enjoyed the cooking!



I hope so.



The cards

playing the "Speed"

If you do Couchsurfing you would realize your common sense is not same in the other cultures sometimes. This is one of the good point on Couchsurfing.


After had dinner, we played cards ( by the way we call it Trump in Japan ). I found a interesting thing in cultural difference.  We have a game called "Speed" . This game is played by two people and compete " the speed " that which one loses all the cards faster.This game is very famous and popular in all of generations in Japan.

So, I thought they knew this game naturally but they didn't.

I thought everybody in the world knows this game as same level as everybody knows Michael Jackson!
Is this game not international? or just they don't know? only in France?

I don't know, but it's interesting. Good to know!

I should ask it next guest, yeah, I should, because it's my favorite one.

I learnt how my common sense is small, anyway.

※I made the page about " The speed". If you are interested please see it :)


Things we talked


Orleans known as the city of Jeanne D'arc, yes, it's true, but I didn't know this thing until I met this French brothers, I am sorry for my less knowledge.
They taught me about their city with some pictures. There are some French scenery as same as I imagined. Very beautiful scenery... brick buildings, blick streets, old bridges,of course statue of Jeanne D'arc .. everything is completely different from Japan.  It gives me a sense of history.
Also, they taught me about bicycling course. I heard that we can enjoy to see the castles while bicycling along the river from their city, there are a lot of old castles....
Many old castles with bicycling...! Sound's great!!
But I didn't understand the details completely at that time because of my poor English skill, so I googled it.

Oh!! That's it!  The Loire Valley!
The Loire Valley has some historical towns, over 300 castles, spanning 280 kilometres, and UNESCO added..

Un?? UNESCO??

Oh, my.. UNESCO added here as World Heritage Sites....Oh, here is super famous valley!
I didn't know that at all.. it's shame...I must visit here near future!



They were born in such a beautiful and nice place but they are curious about Japan. The human is interesting. Everybody would be getting feel bored own place if stay there for long time even if the place how nice is, and everybody wants to know other places.
If I were you, I won't be interested in such a boring country called Japan, I would like to move to your place as soon as possible.

We also talked about Japanese anime, and they know well! even their father as well!
Of course I grew up with Japanese anime but I don't know so much recently one's, like Naruto, One piece, or something like that so I couldn't follow what they are talking about. Also, They told me that their father knows old Japanese anime, and they showed me some pictures of those, but these are too much old for me so, again I couldn't follow them.
However, one thing. Yeah, Japanese anime are doing very well in the world! They improved imagine of Japan for good way and they made Japan famous!
I proud of it as a Japanese.

When I was child, I used to be often told from adults, " Japan is very small country and located end of the world, nothing to create, always lose in Olympics, so every people nothing care about Japan.  Your generation must be loved from world people by a lot of efforts! "

The time changes, yes.

Thank you for coming guys! Next time, see you at your beautiful city!!














You Might Also Like

0 コメント

Please leave us comments in feel free.