Couchsurfing hosting in Japan. 7th surfer from Bordeaux,France

July 02, 2017

A nice couple from Bordeaux,France !

August, 2014




This nice French couple came to my house as my 7th guest of Couchsurfing. They are traveling around world for 3 years after quit their job. They have already couchsurfed in South Korea and in Japan couple of times, then came to my house.
They are very friendly and had curious about lots of Japanese things/stuffs foods, languages, lifestyles, even the stricture of houses:) 
Sometimes it can be hard to keep conversations with people who don't have much curious or interests about Japan because we just met few hours ago, of course we don't know the common topics each other, so " About Japan " can be a common topics in first especially because they come to Japan, otherwise it could be difficult to find good topics to share them, sometimes. They are not a type of people like that, so we enjoyed very much chatting.  In the first plan they stay just 1 night, but I offered them to stay 2 nights because it was weekdays and I thought just one night is not enough for sharing something, and they accepted it.

Kobe, Kobe beef, Himeji catsle, and Umeshu!
I asked them why you chose Kobe for a part of their great journey. They knew about Kobe for the big earthquake which happened in 1995, and guy's father came to Kobe to help people! Oh my... I have to appreciate for his father as a Japanese.
Moreover, it's very coincidence, his father's name is Kobe, in fact the spelling is not same but the sounds is same, since then he had been curious Kobe and wanted to come. Umm, it's interesting.

One of their purpose was to eat real Kobe beef which is one of the famous things in Kobe.  They seemed to expect us tell them about some nice restaurants of Kobe beef absolutely but I'm not originally from Kobe and I don't know so much the restaurants. 
My wife and I pull the kind of guide books about Kobe out from shelf and searched good one with them until midnight with enjoying Umeshu(alcohol with plum) which they brought for us:) Finally, we found looks good one, it is good memory:)

They gave us nice Umeshu!

Next day, They visited the restaurant and Himeji castle, one of the biggest castle in Japan.

They sent me some pictures the Kobe beef they had. Oh looks yummy!




Also Himeji castle's one as well. It is the best castle in Japan I think, you can get into their and feel old Japan. I highly recommend to visit for anybody!




Last day
They are going to Okinawa after this staying, so I decided to bring them to the airport next day. Also, I told them about Miyako island, located near Okinawa main island. Actually, my wife's parents are from this island , I also have been to there twice, anyway this island has so beautiful sea and beach! I think the most beautiful sea in Japan. My wife and I told them how beautiful Miyako island's sea is. And We suggested, you should visit Miyako island if you are in Okinawa.

I brought them to the airport with my 4 kids and had lunch together. They paid even for our meals... Merci !
Then, they headed to Okinawa...


at the airport



And few days later...
They sent me some pictures they took.










Oh!!! These are exactly Miyako island!!! They visited there by changed their first plan!
I am so happy they adopted our suggestion. So nice!!





You Might Also Like

0 コメント

Please leave us comments in feel free.