Couchsurfing hosting in Japan. 5th couchsurfer from Montreal, Canada

June 30, 2017

Nice couple from Montreal, Canada !

July, 2014


















As soon as I restarted CS, I found them on the list of surfers looking for some hosts in Kobe, then I sent a request. They are young Canadian couple didn't have any reference at the moment but I understood how they are nice couple after read their profile, I was sure they will be fit to my family. It was written well to the details, such as, why they are on Couchsurfing, what they want to do, hobbies, and put some photos. I think the photos are very important for the first impression. Some Couchsurfers who sent me requests don't put much of their photos like just one or sometimes nothing, it's not enough to understand or to feel that person, I think.  So if you are going to start Couchsurfing, you should put much of photos of your own, otherwise host might decline or just ignore by that.

Anyway,they accepted my offer happily and  stayed with us 3 nights.


Day 1: Be friends!

They stayed at my place from Thursday night to Sunday morning, so we met in first was after I finished my work on Thursday. I wen to pick them up near the station with my children. At same time when I found them,  children went running to them like they know already each other, and this nice couple accepted my children happily. While driving to my house, they all were singing together "Mickey mouse songs" with happily smiling on the back seats, looked like really friend already. Next, after we got back to my house they started to play with Pokemon cards together.
Oh, Pokemon...
I have weakness about Pokemon because I am not such generation... I don't know what is interesting and even their names..
They, at least my kids did very much enjoy the first night.


Day 2: Sushi

Second day, we spent each other own self, I and my wife go to works, kids go to school, and the couple go to sightseeing to Kobe. We gathered my house around 7 pm then we went to Sushi restaurant which has conveyor belt. I was happy to show them this restaurant because they had not experience this type of Sushi restaurant yet and they enjoyed a lot of sushi which delivered with conveyor belt. The restaurant has a counting machine to calculate the amount of dishes to know how much we ate sushi and price is basically 100 yen per a dish.
They were surprised to see calculator set in the table but I was happy to see their surprised faces! They could know one new thing about Japan by staying with us!
Also, this table has a Gacha-Gacha ( it's kind of vending machine of toys) with slot machine. We hit the slot some times and we got some toys for my kids.

Day 3: Mt.Rokko and Arima onsen town

Third day was Saturday so we went to Mt.Rokkoa and Arima onsen town, both are one of the nearest famous sightseeing spots from my house. Unfortunately, my wife had her job on that day so she couldn't join us.
Mt.Rokko has some places to see and attracts, like beautiful scenery of Kobe from top of the Mountain, kind of amusement park as you can enjoy with your kids, farm is the place for you can meet sheep, goats, cows, houses, and rabbits,
or some attractions to play golf, skiing in winter and ”Obstacle Course”. We chose last one first by children's request. I think the Rokko's obstacle course park is pretty big compared to other same courses in Japan, there are 40 points to get over, it takes 1 and half hour.  Of course, this park is located in the forest. You can feel the Japanese nature while doing exercising, birds voices, smell of trees, river..... I like this place. I recommend to anybody this place not only for children, also adults.











After this exercising with feeling the nature we went to top of the mountain organized as a garden terrace to see the scenery from there. We had lunch at their but one problem was my wife did not join this day, I had to help my younger one's eat meals. Looking back the day, I think I did well ! to show around for my guests with taking care of four children even while driving, but this nice couple helped very well my tasks, thanks to them.





Scenery of Kobe from the top


Also, we went to Arima onsen which is very famous town since long time ago. I brought them here because I wanted they try the Foot bath but it was summer and temperature was around 30 degrees even little bit raining and humid,  so their evaluation about this bath is..." Very hot ". I'm sorry, it was not good day for onsen, indeed....

trying the "foot bath"








After we got back to home, I showed them  the Sumo. They said that it's first time to see the Sumo, they seems had interest. They asked me about rules while watching it, but I couldn't explain well with my poor English, I am sorry about that. I also shewed them one of my favorite TV program, " Why did you come to Japan" . It's very popular TV program in Japan. The Tv crews try to interview with some travelers at the airport and they follow their interesting trip in Japan if one of travelers allowed it. On that program we watched showed us an Australian guy loves "Sasebo burger ",  is very popular burger from Nagasaki prefecture, west side of Japan. He often come to Japan to just eat this burger! Wow!

Next morning, they headed to Nara with giving big hug for all of my family. I knew it but I always feel lonely when I have to say good bye to every Couchsurfers, especially this time we spent 4 days together..


Few days later,  they sent me a picture they are eating Sasebo burger !


Oh!! They tried it!! Awesome!!


You Might Also Like

0 コメント

Please leave us comments in feel free.